|Homemade Organic Pizza|
So let's make something really interesting from the scratch, albeit today we are not going to explain the process of creating a pizza sauce (as we are going to left that to another tutorial) but rather in the creation of the dough using our bread machine and every day utensils we have in our house. On the bottom part there is a tutorial on how to make a pizza as well the dough but before that I am going to give you the instructions on how to do easy and organic.
Recipe for an Easy Dough:
Not long ago, I was having a small chit chat with my friend Elisa from Colombia, for the first I actually gave the reason to someone else; as she is probably right, one of the most cathartic process in the creation of the pizza comes from mixing the dough by yourself to create perfection, I guess she was right; on another similar conversation that same day, talking with another friend from Colombia who is a chef (Jairo) he said something similar and also gave me some really good advice as well some tips in the creation of the pizza as for the sauce (which we are going to do in another entry). I gave them both the answer of the lazy, I am happy that I found a bread machine really cheap that can batter and make the dough but that I am going to try make the dough without the aid of the machine eventually.
- 1 1/2 cups of water.
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 3 1/2 cups of organic whole wheat flour.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the container according to the order that is specified in the manufacturer instructions. Program it on the right cycle, in the case of Oster machine the liquid ingredients come first, then the dry ones and last the yeast.
- When the machine ends the cycle just pull quickly the dough, don't let it dry inside the machine or it will be ruined; take out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into the desired number of portions or in a lesser case flat the dough into a disk and you can have a large size pizza, or manipulate the portion into creation a Deep Dish pizza. The dough will need to rise so it's a good option to let it rest for about half an hour (30 minutes) until the dough has increased his size.
- The remains of the dough can be stored for about 24 hours in the fridge, beyond that point it's better to discarded as it won't be fresh anymore.
- 1 Pizza dough of your choice.
- 1 Cup of Tomato Sauce.
- 8 Ounces of Mozzarella cheese ( or add it to your own discretion).
- Before baking, set the oven around 450F to 500F.
- Spray flour around the pizza work surface and then place the dough in the work surface and start creating a circle with your hands until it reach the desire proportion.
- Put evenly the sauce of your selection starting from the center and going outside the dough without touching the borders.
- Add cheese.
- Wait around 30 minutes to 45 minutes before pulling the pizza out and let it rest for 15 minutes before consuming it. Then cut it on the way you want and enjoy.
Your tips about How to make a Pizza is really good. thanks for your info..ReplyDelete