|Cucumber, Watermelon and Mango Salad|
I have to share with everyone this, I read it on the Seattle Times and I tried right away because it looked so easy to make, it was extremely easy to make and it was amazing to enjoy because it mix hot and cold temperatures, think of a hot brownie with a vanilla ice cream except this is a delicious and healthier alternative.
You can play with the contrast when you make a salad it don't have to be lettuce and leafs, it can be colorful and cheerful and the creator of this delicacy Arthur Potts pairs a juxtaposition of flavors and intensities to create a vibrant meal.
This is will make six servings:
- 2 -Cups peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber.
- 2-Cups diced watermelon.
- 2-Cups diced fresh mango.
- 3-Tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus whole leaves to serve
- 1-Red chili, thinly sliced.
- 1-Green chili, thinly sliced.
- 1-Tablespoon of fish sauce (You can actually replace this with something sour of your enjoyment)
- 1-Tablespoon mirin
- 1/3 Cup olive oil.
- Salt and ground black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, watermelon, mango, chopped mint and red and green chilies. Always mixing gently.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the fish sauce, mirin and olive oil. Drizzle over the salad, then mix gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with mint leaves.