I saw this recipe on Vegetarian Times and I have to say it's amazing and it's really easy to make as it takes 30 minutes or less to prepare it.
2 Tbs of olive oil.
1 20oz package grated carrots (8 cups)
2 Large leeks, light green and white parts thinly sliced (2 cups)
1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. vadouvan spice or curry powder
1/4 cup roasted shelled pistachios, chopped.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add carrots, leeks and baking soda.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender and browned in spots.
- Stir in curry spice and cook for half a minute.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring it to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, puree with immersion blender and season with salt if desired. Serve sprinkled with pistachio