|Chocolate Chip Pancakes|
There is something really nice about making pancakes from scratch; and essentially is really cheaper to buy the ingredients separate on a long term, instead of buying the pre-made mix.
I have to confess, on a consumers point of view, there are some quite good brands out there, and they are really cheap and they cost around US$2.99 and even less; but if you make the mix from scratch you can save the money of the packages, because you will have the basic ingredients in the house.
Remember you can replace all the ingredients with what you like, instead of using eggs you can find a substitute, such as apples or potatoes; the milk can be replaced by coconut milk, soy or almond
- 2 cups of 365 wheat flour.
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted.
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt.
- Melt the butter, and keep it separated.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Combine the eggs and melted butter to the milk. Mix them well.
- Add the milk, eggs, butter mix slowly into the dry mix and stir the dry mix while you add the moist one, doing clockwise movements.
- After you get a firm batter; add the chocolate chips and mix them until you get them incorporate it with the pancake batter
- Let the mix sit, while you wait until the pan is hot enough.
- Add one handful of the batter to the pan, cook until you see both sides golden colored. It will take around 2 minutes per side, depending on your stove capacity; and that's it, add syrup when you finish and whip cream on the top and enjoy.