|Honecrip Wheat Bread|
(11/23/2015) Tampa, Fl --- Hello my few readers and occasional ones. I haven't wrote in a while but I've been busy. This recipe is really easy to make and it can be a good hit within any dinner as well Thanksgiving.
- 1 cup of butter, at room temperature or just melted in the micro-wave. Silken tofu can be an option.
- 2 cups of turbinado sugar.
- 4 eggs or if you want to go vegan, here are some substitutes.
- 4 cups of flour.
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- 4 Honeycrip's apples (remember to peel the skin, take the core out and chop them).
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Grease evenly the pan you are going to use.
- In a bowl melt the butter or let it rest at room temperature.
- In a bowl beat the eggs or if you are taking the vegan step, mash Silken tofu,
- Cream the butter (tofu) and sugar; you will know they are ready when they have a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- The apples can be mashed until they have the consistency of a paste or you can cut them a la Julianne and add them to the mix.
- Add step six first to the mix with the apples, leave last the eggs as you mix the batter slowly but consistently.
- Transfer the mix into the greased or oiled pan.
- Bake it for about an hour, or until you insert a toothpick or knife and any of those comes clean.
- Let it seat for 15 minutes or half an hour before you remove it and eat it.