(6/16/2015) Tampa, Fl --- Hello my dear readers, today we are going to do a little Colombian recipe which I enjoy a lot it's called Pandebono or a literal translation is just mere cheese bread. What I do enjoy about making these delightful cheesy puffy balls is that they are actually quite easy and fast to make and you don't need to use a food processor in order to mix the ingredients as you use a fork to create the consistency of the dough.
What would you need:
1) 2/3 cups of yucca flour (or cassava starch if you can't find yucca flour).
2) 1/4 cup pre-cooked cornmeal.
3) 1 cup of Mozzarella Veggie Shreds (You can replace it with any cheese you like.
4) One cup of unscented soy milk. (Again, you can replace this with just plain milk.)
5) 1 Tablespoon of Silken Tofu (or one beaten egg.)
How to do it:
* Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
* In a bowl add and mix the cornmeal with the yucca flour until they are even (if by any chance you are doing this with the cassava starch you have to pulverize the starch until it turns into fine grains).
* Slowly add the milk into the mixture and beat slowly, the consistency will turn little by little into a malleable dough, when you reach that consistency as the silken tofu (or eggs) and keep beating until the dough is even.
* When you have the proper mixture add the shredded cheese and mix it until you have a firm consistent mix.
* On a greased tray place small balls of the dough with a 4 inch space in between them.
* Cook on the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden.
* When you take it out of the oven, let it rest for about 15 minutes and enjoy.
Post a Comment